If you are ready to jump in and adopt a plant-based lifestyle, there are many resources in our community to help guide you along the way. Here are just a few to get you started.
- Download the Plantrician Project Quick Start Guide
- Watch Dr. Michael Greger’s “How Not to Die” Presentation
Learn More About Whole-Food, Plant-Based Nutrition (WFPB)
Attend a Community Meal Event
Every month, we gather for a community meal at someone's home. Each attendee is responsible for bringing a dish to share with the group (recipe is provided for you). If you are interested in attending the next community meal, visit our Events page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many of the members have amazing testimonials about how whole-food, plant-based nutrition has changed their life, but there are a lot of 'newbies' too. Find out what plant-based is all about and get encouragement from other members.
In addition to community meals, Healthy City hosts other events such as grocery store tours, public lectures, Forks Over Knives screenings and more. Click here to view all upcoming events.
Grocery Shopping & Reading Nutrition Labels
If you would like to attend a guided grocery store tour, visit our Events page or call 1-800-856-4916.
- Beginner's Guide to Plant-Based Grocery Shopping
- "Packaged Foods" - A Picture Book of Minimally Processed Foods
- How to Read a Nutrition Label
- Jeff Novick’s Fast Food 3: Shopping School
- Reading Labels to Avoid Animal Products
how to Stock Your Pantry
Physicians and Other Providers
Below is a list of local health professionals that support a whole, plant-based foods diet.
- Megan Casselman, R.N. – Registered Nurse
- Staton Awtrey, M.D. – Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Mrunal Patel, M.D. – Gastroenterology
- Padmaja Patel, M.D. – Internal Medicine